Gentle For Sensitive & Irritated Skin
- Valerian root extract and echinacea extract have antioxidant properties; slow aging; contain protective and strengthening compounds.
- Chamomile flower extract has a strong soothing effect; accelerates the regeneration process.
- Coconut oil contains beneficial saturated fatty acids; regenerates dry and irritated skin.
- Sunflower oil is a rich source of fatty acids, sterols and tocopherols; smooths and softens the skin.
- Beeswax has a smoothing and moisturizing effect on the skin creates a protective barrier that prevents drying
- Vitamin E prevents oxidation of oils and fats, both as a natural preservative in skin care products and directly in the epidermis, which makes it an active antioxidant with powerful anti-aging effects.
- Lactobionic acid facilitates the penetration of active substances into the skin; has antioxidant effects; strongly moisturizes the skin.
BB Cream (short for “Beauty Balm”) is a combination of moisturizer and foundation. A BB cream should deliver moisture and provide protection from the sun, but it also needs to even the skin tone, gently mattify, and conceal minor imperfections. It is an ideal product for people who prefer lightweight, minimal makeup. BB creams are especially recommended in spring and summer as protection against the harmful effects of UV rays.
Sunscreen filters are compounds that protect the skin from the damaging effects of sunlight. Two types of filters are used in skincare. Most are chemical filters, mainly found in conventional cosmetics, which have the ability to absorb solar energy and modify it within the skin. Natural cosmetics, on the other hand, use physical filters that act like microscopic mirrors to deflect UV rays from the surface of the skin and thus disperse radiation. Physical filters include the minerals zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, which act against UVA and UVB rays. Zinc oxide is a physical filter approved by the EU. Its additional properties include anti-inflammatory and regenerating and functions, as well as the opaque coverage effect it brings to cosmetic formulations. When
combined with other pigments, zinc oxide can help even out skin tone and mask imperfections.
The coloring substances (INCI codes containing the abbreviation “CI” for “color index”) used in skincare are grouped into dyes and pigments. The difference is that dyes are soluble, whereas pigments are not. Dyes may be of natural origin (usually from plants) or they may be synthetic. Natural dyes include henna, chlorophyll, carotene, and anthocyanins. Synthetic dyes include all other compounds obtained by chemical synthesis. Pigments, in turn, are divided into organic, inorganic (zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, metal oxides) and pearl subtypes. Natural dyes and select pigments can be used in natural cosmetics, acting together to conceal discolorations or enhance skin coloring. VIANEK Gentle Moisturizing BB Cream with SPF 15 contains natural pigments, specifically the skin safe black, red, and yellow iron oxides (INCI CI77492, CI77491, CI77499).