What happens to our skin after 40?
Skin care after 40 is more challenging than taking care of a younger skin. Our lymphatic system starts to slow down which might create puffiness around of eyes. Less sebum production at this age means the waxy, protective outer coating of your skin makes us more vulnerable to environmental conditions such as pollution and smoky environments. Blood circulation is significantly slowed down, so the cells are less oxygenated. The skin becomes thin and the capillaries can be seen on the face. Your mid-forties is also a time when hormones such as estrogen are switching off. Estrogen is a useful molecule for keeping your skin pert and bouncy. Less estrogen can make your skin start to sag and wrinkle around the neck and chest. That's why skin after 40 easily breaks into wrinkles. Facial muscles lose tension, furrows form in the buccal-nasal part.
What creams should we use after 40?
The best creams for women over 40 years of age containing retinol and vitamin C esters - substances that reach the deeper layers of the skin. Due to the reduction of secretion of sebaceous glands, skin after the age of 40 loses moisture and becomes excessively sensitive to external factors. Wrinkle creams must take all these problems into account and solve them.
How to stimulate the skin to regenerate?
- Choose cosmetics which give nutrition and stimulation to your skin Moisturizing creams should contain compounds that accumulate water in the epidermis and protect against its loss. As a rule, the best moisturizing creams for forty-year-olds are those that are intended for dry skin, because they have a richer consistency.
- Buy primers that simultaneously moisturize and tighten the epidermis. Cover the skin with ampoules or serums several times a year.
- Use dietary supplements based on vitamins and microelements. Beta-carotene will improve skin tone.
- Regularly exfoliate dead skin with an appropriate peeling.
- Use face cleansers and makeup remover adjusted to age.
- The face cream for 40+ should contain retinol and esters of vitamin C. These two substances get to the deeper layer of the skin. Check the label of the creams. Higher the placement of the retinol (retinyl palmitate) and ester vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate) reacher the cream with these compounds.
- For the day use UV protective creams. For the day, choose a cosmetic with wheat or rice proteins which will improve the elasticity of your skin.
- It is worth to buy two separate creams, for the day and for the night. Thanks to this, you will take care of blood supply and oxygenation of the skin and protect it against free radicals, which accelerate the aging of cells. So look for antioxidants in creams, such as CoQ10, as well as Vitamin E and C.
- First of all, do not buy a new anti-wrinkle cream every month, because the previous one did not work. Active substances, such as vitamin C or retinol, need at least three months to fully show their potential.
- Unless you have problems with the so-called acne in adulthood, avoid very light emulsions or cream-gels. At your age, the skin begins to dry out (gradually reducing its natural hydrolipid barrier), which is why it will be useful for its thicker, more creamy cosmetic. It will moisturize and polish the epidermis, and also protect the skin against frost that damages the capillaries.
Author: Joanna Krocz, “Anti-wrinkle cream after 40”, https://portal.abczdrowie.pl/krem-przeciwzmarszczkowy-po-40
Translated by Alina Cosmetics, LLC
Our AA MezzoLasser series cosmetics will give you regeneration and firmness. Hexapeptide NG+ reduces the appearance of shallow, deep and mimic wrinkles and prevents their fixation. Hyaluronic acid moisturizes and fills wrinkles and provides immediate skin smoothing. Olive squalane nourishes the skin and supports cell renewal, increasing wrinkle reduction effect and firming the skin. Vitamin E protects the epidermis against the loss of moisture and elasticity
Active ingredients, neuropeptide, 2 x LOW MOLECULAR WEIGHT HYALURONIC ACID, and Q10 LIPOSOMES visibly smoothes fixed wrinkles on the face and around the eyes and effectively prevents the formation of new ones. It lifts and tightens the skin, improves its firmness and elasticity, slows down the aging process. Intensely moisturizes, reduces the visibility of enlarged pores and reduces shine of combination skin.